Time：2017-12-30 Browse times：406
Associate Professor, Doctoral Supervisor for Medicinal Chemistry
Member of The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, Member of American Chemical Society.
Dr. Yu, born on June 1st, 1984, obtained her B.Eng. in National training base for life science and technology talents from China Pharmaceutical University (CPU) in 2002 and was recommended as an exemption graduate student by CPU. She obtained her M.Sc. in Medicinal Chemistry from CPU in 2006. Then she was offered a full scholarship for the Ph. D. study from the Ohio State University (OSU) in the same year. In 2013, she obtained her Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry from OSU and received JACK. L. BEAL excellent doctoral scholarship. As an overseas elite, she was recruited in the State Key Laboratory of Natural Medicines, China Pharmaceutical University. In 2016 she was promoted as a Distinguished Associate Professor and Master supervisor. Next year, she was promoted as a Doctoral supervisor.
Taking advantages of the knowledge in Medicinal Chemistry, Computing Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, Biostatistics, Pharmacology and other cross-professionals, she designed and discovered several active drug candidates against different drug targets, by interrupting the “protein-protein” interactions. Meanwhile, as first author or corresponding author, she has published many research articles in the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry and other top journals in the pharmaceutical related fields and has been authorized a U.S. patent and a world patent.
As a project leader, she is hosting a general program and a youth program of the National Natural Science Foundation, a youth program of Jiangsu Natural Science Foundation, and an advanced program of Scientific Research Foundation for the Returned Overseas, etc. The funds amount to more than one million RMB. As the main participant, she participated in several foundations including the key program of the National Natural Science Foundation. In 2014, she was elected as the Double Creative Ph.D. of Jiangsu Double Creative Program. In 2015, the Undergraduate Training Program for Innovation and Entrepreneurship guided by her was ranked as the national outstanding program.
1. Investigate new methods of computer-aided drug design (CADD)
2. Discovery of new anti-cancer drugs targeting on STAT3 protein
3. Total/Semi-total Synthesis of natural active compounds
4. Discovery of new drugs targeting IL-6/JAK/STAT signaling pathways
1. Wenying Yu, Chenglong Li, Wenda Zhang, Shanshan Li, Jia-yuh Lin, Keqin Yu, Mu Liu, Lei Yang, Jianguang Luo, Yijun Chen, Hongbin Sun, and Lingyi Kong*, Discovery of an orally selective inhibitor of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 using advanced multiple ligand simultaneous docking, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2017, 60, 2718-2731. (IF:6.2)
2. Wenda Zhang, Feiyan Liu, Chao Zhang, Jianguang Luo, Jun Luo, Wenying Yu*, Lingyi Kong*. Near-infrared fluorescent probe with remarkable large stokes shift and favorable water solubility for real-time tracking leucine aminopeptidase in living cells and in vivo, Analytical Chemistry, 2017, 89, 12319-12326. (IF:6.3) (Corresponding author)
3. Wenying Yu, Hui Xiao, Jiayuh Lin, Chenglong Li*, Discovery of novel STAT3 small molecule inhibitors via in silico site-directed fragment-based drug design, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2013, 56, 4402−4412 (IF: 5.6)
4. Wenda Zhang, Ting Ma, Shanshan Li, Yanwei Yang, Jianpeng Guo, Wenying Yu**, Lingyi Kong*, Antagonizing STAT3 activation with benzo[b]thiophene 1, 1-dioxide based small molecules, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2017, 125, 538-550. (IF: 4.5) (Corresponding author)
5. Shanshan Li, Wenda Zhang, Yanwei Yang, Ting Ma, Jianpeng Guo, Shanshan Wang, Wenying Yu**, Lingyi Kong*, Discovery of oral-available resveratrol-caffeic acid based hybrids inhibiting acetylated and phosphorylated STAT3 protein, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2016, 124, 1006-1018. (IF: 3.9) (Corresponding author)
6. Wenda Zhang, Jianpeng Guo, Shanshan Li, Ting Ma, Dingqiao Xu, Chao Han, Feiyan Liu, Wenying Yu**, Lingyi Kong*, Discovery of monocarbonyl curcumin-BTP hybrids as STAT3 inhibitors for drug-sensitive and drug-resistant breast cancer therapy, Scientific Reports, 2017, 7 :46352. (IF: 4.2) (Corresponding author)
7. Wenying Yu, Chenglong Li*, Regioselective one-pot C-N coupling of substituted naphthoquinones: selective intramolecular ring fusion of sulfonamides, Tetrahedron, 2014, 70, 459-464. (IF: 2.6)
8. Wenying Yu, Chenglong Li*, 4-Nitrophenyl N-(2-sulfamoylphenyl)-carbamate，Acta Crystallographica Section E, 2013, E69, o355
9.余文颖, 张奕华*, 赖宜生, 接振旺, 张玉彬*, 彭司勋, 一氧化氮供体型双水杨酸酯衍生物的合成及降血糖活性, 新利18体育学报, 2008, 39, 4, 301-305
10. Chongqiang Zhao, Wenlong Wang, Wenying Yu, David Jou, Yina Wang, Haiyan Ma, Hui Xiao, Hua Qin, Cuntai Zhang, Jiagao Lu, Sheng Li, Chenglong Li, Jiayuh Lin, Li Lin*, A novel small molecule STAT3 inhibitor, LY5, inhibits cell viability, colony formation, and migration colon and liver cancer cells, Oncotarget, 2016 (IF: 6.4)
11. Jin-Fang Xu, Hui-Jun Zhao, Xiao-Bing Wang, Zhong-Rui Li, Jun Luo, Ming-Hua Yang, Lei Yang, Wen-Ying Yu, He-Quan Yao, Jian-Guang Luo*, Ling-Yi Kong*, (±)-Melicolones A and B, rearranged prenylated acetophenone stereoisomers with an unusual 9-oxatricyclo[18.104.22.168,8]nonane core from the leaves of Melicope ptelefolia, Organic Letters, 2015, 17, 1, 146-149 (IF: 6.4)
12. Yan Liu, Aiguo Liu, Zhenghu Xu, Wenying Yu, Hong Wang, Chenglong Li, Jiayuh Lin*,XZH-5 inhibits STAT3 phosphorylation and causes apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells, Apoptosis, 2011, 16, 5, 502-10
13. Hui Xiao, Hemant Kumar Bid, David Jou, Xiaojuan Wu, Wenying Yu, Chenglong Li, Peter J. Houghton, Jiayuh Lin*, A Novel Small Molecular STAT3 Inhibitor, LY5, Inhibits Cell Viability, Cell Migration, and Angiogenesis in Medulloblastoma Cells, The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 2015, 290, 3418-3429
14. Sai-Sai Xie, Xiaobing Wang, Neng Jiang, Wenying Yu, Kelvin D.G. Wang, Jin-Shuai Lan, Zhong-Rui Li, Ling-Yi Kong*, Multi-target tacrine-coumarin hybrids: Cholinesterase and monoamine oxidase B inhibition properties against Alzheimer's disease, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2015, 95, 5, 153-165
15. Aiguo Liu, Yan Liu, Zhenghu Xu, Wenying Yu, Hong Wang, Chenglong Li, Jiayuh Lin*, Novel small molecule, XZH-5, inhibits constitutive and interleukin-6-induced STAT3 phosphorylation in human rhabdomyosarcoma cells, Cancer science, 2011, 102, 7, 1381-1387
16. Yang Li, Xuliang Wang, Rong Fu, Wenying Yu, Xiaoli Wang, Yisheng Lai, Sixun Peng, Yihua Zhang*, Synthesis and evaluation of nitric oxide-releasing derivatives of 3-n-butylphthalide as anti-platelet agents, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2011, 21, 14, 4210-4214
17. Zi-Chen Xu, Xiao-Bing Wang, Wen-Ying Yu, Sai-Sai Xie, Su-Yi Li, Ling-Yi Kong*, Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of benzylisoquinoline derivatives as multifunctional agents against Alzheimer's disease, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2014, 24, 10, 2368-237